The Kronenhof Bar with a contemporary new look and its own unique and cosy identity - fine teas and home-made cakes are served while piano tunes lighten up the afternoon ambiance in the venerable hotel lobby. Our bar team conjures up your favourite drink from a variety of international cocktails. Champagne, the finest cognacs, a large selection of gins & tonics and high-quality spirits complete the offer.
Bar & Lobby
Kronenhof Bar & Hotel Lobby
Daily Afternoon Teas
We celebrate the tradition of the afternoon tea every day at the Kronenhof and offer two different options from CHF 37 per person:
- Engadiner Afternoon Tea: small ibex horn with air-dried Grisons meat, nut roll with Malögin soft cheese, sour dough roll with smoked char and mountain herbs butter, Ciabattini with mini lettuce and cole slaw, pearl barley soup, multi-grain scones with Gruyère cream, honey and cranberry compote, pralines, carrot cake, Engadine nut cake, Florentine biscuit, berry cake and almond financier, served with Mountain herbs Tee.
- Kronenhof Afternoon Tea: tomato toast with chicken, cress and mayonnaise, basil toast with smoked salmon and salted butter, multi-grain toast with roast beef and tartare sauce, caraway seeds toast with fresh cheese and cucumber, classic scones with lemon curd, crème double and strawberry jam, pralines, fruit tartlet, fruit jelly, biscuit cake, Florentine biscuit and Crème Brûlée, accompanied with Darjeeling Gold.
These are examples of choices from over 20 other tea varieties and from a selection of many other dishes. We recommend booking your afternoon tea in advance, as we prepare the menu freshly every day.
our anniversary cocktail
For our 175th anniversary, our bar team has come up with something very special. High-quality classic ingredients have been transformed into a top-class cocktail creation. The new signature cocktail “1848” is the perfect drink to spend a beautiful evening in our historic walls and enjoy with all your senses.
lemon, orange, vanilla,
Grand Marnier, egg white
Opening hours from 23 June 2023 until 31 March 2024
- Daily from 11.00 to 24.00 h
- Warm meals from 11.00 to 23.00 h
- Piano music in the hotel lobby from 16.00 to 17.30 h and from 21.00 h
- Afternoon Tea: 15.00 to 17.00 h
- Dress code: smart-casual
- Dogs are permitted